Additional scrap grades now on China’s restricted list
· The People’s Republic of China has announced that eight types of scrap metal will move from its “Catalogue of Solid Waste Not Restricted to Import as Raw Materials” list to its “Catalogue of Solid Waste Restricted to Import as Raw Materials” list. . 2019. This decision was made by China’s Ministry of Ecology and Environment .
Scaling China's Waste Mountains: Potential Governance
Mountains of trash are piling up in China with booming cities producing more than 20% of the world’s solid waste. Furthermore, up to 70% of this urban waste is food waste that is difficult to incinerate and when deposited in landfills, this waste eventually emits climate-forcing methane.
China’s Recycling Import Ban: Uncertain Times for Solid
· We are living in uncertain times and there are tough decisions ahead for solid waste agencies. This article summarizes current market conditions for recyclables in the U.S. in the era of the post-Chinese import ban, which went into effect on January 1, 2018, and suggests some short- …
There will be no refund after 17 July 2019. All refunds will be made in EUR at the prevailing foreign exchange rate. . and membership on an advisory board or board of directors or other substantive relationships. . in cooperation with the International Solid Waste Association – ISWA.
A journey of 9,500 miles. Why recyclables are heading
· Uploaded: Fri, Apr 12, 2019, 6:52 am. A journey of 9,500 miles. Why recyclables are heading overseas to Asia. Palo Alto rethinks how to dispose of its waste because of environmental problems overseas
India Government Puts Complete Ban on Import of Solid
The Indian government has completely banned import of solid plastic waste/scrap into the country. India generates 25,940 tonnes of plastic waste every day. Earlier, such import was partly banned as India did not prohibit it in special economic zones (SEZ). Besides, import of plastic waste/scrap was .
NewsSolid Waste Association of North America (SWANA)
The Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) is an organization of more than 9,000 public and private sector professionals committed to advancing from solid waste management to resource management through their shared emphasis on education, advocacy and research. For more than 50 years, SWANA has been the leading association in the .
PRC2019 Wild & Scenic Film Festival
2019 Wild & Scenic Film Festival Saturday, June 1st PNC Theatre at Pittsburgh Playhouse Doors open at 6pm, Program at 7pm . PURCHASE TICKETS. Pennsylvania Resources Council (PRC) is excited to announce that we will again be partnering with Allegheny CleanWays to host the 5th Annual Pittsburgh Wild & Scenic Film Festival presented by SYRCL (South Yuba River Citizens League).
Bill TextSB-54 California Circular Economy and Plastic
(d) Before 2017, the United States was sending 4,000 shipping containers a day full of American waste to China every year, including two-thirds of California’s recyclable materials. However, China has implemented the National Sword and Blue Sky policies, severely restricting the amount of contaminated and poorly sorted plastics it would accept.
Top 20 Best Toilets Available in 2019Ratings, Reviews
· The design of this toilet combines the comfort of the elongated toilet and the space saving factor. It is specially made to fit corners of small bathrooms. It comes in high-quality Vitreous China material which withstands regular use. The toilet has a dual flushing mechanism. That means you can choose between the partial flush and the full flush.
Top 20 Best Toilets Available in 2019Ratings, Reviews
The design of this toilet combines the comfort of the elongated toilet and the space saving factor. It is specially made to fit corners of small bathrooms. It comes in high-quality Vitreous China material which withstands regular use. The toilet has a dual flushing mechanism. That means you can choose between the partial flush and the full flush.
Top 12 Best Toilets Reviewed in 2019 | Complete Guide: Top
On most occasions, the system will flush down even the heaviest of solid waste in one single flush cycle. Plus, TOTO best toilets have been certified as ADA and CEC compliant as these toilets use only 1.28 gallons of water per flush making them some of the most water efficient toilets reviews on the market .
SWANA Training CenterSolid Waste Association of North
Co-located at SWANApalooza in Boston, SWANA Training Center offers learning, creativity and collaboration. Choose from multiple training courses or CEU FasTrack for recertification to continue your journey on the road to success with industry recognized training and education for solid waste and recycling professionals.
Durham County | Home
Watch the Latest "In Touch with Durham County" We talk about what you need to know about upcoming elections and exciting Durham Pre-K news!
China recycling policy impacting Skagit County | News
Skagit County Solid Waste Division Manager Margo Gillaspy looks March 21 at recyclable plastics — some of which are no longer accepted by China — left at the Skagit County transfer station .
Eco-friendly technique selectively recovers copper from
Eco-friendly technique selectively recovers copper from circuit board waste . especially in China, the major recipient of the world’s electronic waste. . who specializes in solid waste .
Global Recycling Units For Solid Waste Market Insights
solid Recycling Equipment refer to equipment for material recovery, i.e., crushers, sieves, material sorting equipment, metal The global Recycling Units For Solid Waste market is valued at xx million US$ in 2018 is expected to reach xx million US$ by the end of 2025, growing at a CAGR of xx% during 2019 …
Exhibitors' packageISWA 2019
Taking part in ISWA World Congress 2019, you will get an opportunity to present yourself to a broad and experienced audience, which is a unique chance to get to know your potential business partners, upgrade your work and gain credibility in waste management industry on a grand scale.
New Garbage & Recycling ContractCity of San Ramon
New Garbage & Recycling Contract - October 1, 2019 Questions and Answers. Starting October 1, 2019, Alameda County Industries (ACI) will be the new solid waste, recycling and organics collection and processing company for the City of San Ramon. Answers to related questions are included below.
Recycling TodayApril 2019Allied approach
RethinkWaste, San Carlos, California, approved a $5 million organic-to-energy pilot project at its January 2019 board meeting. The agency is partnering with Anaergia Services, Carlsbad, California, on the project, which is expected to start in late 2019. If it is successful, the agency says it hopes to commit to a larger scale organics-to .
New world orderRecycling Today
· The discussion of the “prohibition on import of (selected) solid waste in promotion of reform on solid waste imports management” led to import restrictions on “solid waste” by category and by quantity. Although the Chinese government said the policy was not to be enforced before the end of 2018, the market already has felt the pinch.
10 Best Flushing Toilets(Reviews & Buying Guide 2019
That means it’s a toilet that uses a cutting blade to reduce solid waste in a toilet bowl to fine slurry. This fine slurry can then be easily jettisoned out of the toilet when it’s flushed. Special features: Vertical flushing up to 9’, horizontal flushing up to 100’, can have a …
Wasted | CITYVIEW
Currently, solid waste is buried in 500 acres of an 1,800-acre lot that is the landfill. The Iowa Department of Natural Resources regulates the space and the permit for it, and Metro Waste anticipates those 500 acres can service the Des Moines metro until 2046, says Trish Radke, assistant to the executive director for Metro Waste.
Legislation & Regulations, InternationalRecycling Today
· The government of China has released an updated list of more than 30 scrap materials to be prohibited as imports as of Dec. 31, 2018. The declaration reportedly has been made by several national Chinese government agencies working jointly. Items newly added to the list, according to …